Saturday, May 30, 2020

New Card: George, the Dragonslayer (Sever Seas #16)

Years ago, many of my "sigcards" from the Yahoo Mailing List for Guardians CCG were incorporated into the fan-made expansion set Seven Seas. I have started to import my homebrew cards to this blog in case Phil, the Bar Fly's website ever goes away.

Unlike Bodyguard Bob, this card does sound like something I would come up with. Also, note that I didn't call it "Dragonslayer George".

I actually had two .sigcards named "George", with the other being George, Overlord of the Jungle, which, of course, was a goof.

George, the Dragonslayer Mortal, Vitality 10, OCB 4, Medium, Beer, Knight, CMP 0, red bar.
Immune to fear. Destroys Dragons.
(Artwork: Stawicki, Text: C.J. Burke, Design: Cath)

The card is a reference to St. George and the Dragon. And while I might be a reluctant to have a "saint" bribable by Beer, the card is not the saint of legend. It needs to work into the mechanics of the game. It's good balance, I think.

I'm asking your opinion. Feel free to respond in the comments.

No comments: