Friday, May 8, 2020

New Card: Stairway to Heaven (Seven Seas #5)

Years ago, many of my "sigcards" from the Yahoo Mailing List for Guardians CCG were incorporated into the fan-made expansion set Seven Seas. I have started to import my homebrew cards to this blog in case Phil, the Bar Fly's website ever goes away.

One of my complaints about the original set, one of my pet peeves, is that Angels get their wings clipped compared to the Demons and Devils. And the expansions didn't really help the imbalance much.

As a result, I've come up with a few ideas to make an Angel deck somewhat workable. (In real life, I've only used Angels to support Knights, who actually can stand on their own against certain decks.)

Stairway to Heaven Spell, Up 12
Play during Draw & Organise Phase, return up to 10 Vitality of Angels from your discard pile to your Storage Hand. Costs 1 Power stone to use.
(Artwork: Warren, Text: C.J. Burke, Design: Thierry)

Honestly, the card isn't that good because 10 points isn't all that much. You'll be lucky to get two Angels back because of their size. Had I thought about it, the text should've had "Or One Angel of any Vitality" added to it.

Thoughts? Would that be better? Should it have been 12 or 14 points, especially since you're spending a stone?

Side note: Reading through the other Seven Seas cards, I saw that there's one called "Balder's Gate", which is essentially the same card, but for Knights. I wonder if they copied my idea, or if we were both inspired by something else. I don't remember.

No comments: