Thursday, May 14, 2020

New Card: Eagle (Seven Seas #8)

Years ago, many of my "sigcards" from the Yahoo Mailing List for Guardians CCG were incorporated into the fan-made expansion set Seven Seas. I have started to import my homebrew cards to this blog in case Phil, the Bar Fly's website ever goes away.

I don't remember the exact inspiration for this card. I actually checked the old mailing list messages, and even there it states that it isn't connected to the response I gave, but I have a couple of good .sigcards lying around.

Eagle Mortal, Vitality 6/8, OCB 2, Large, Flying, Animal/Knight, CMP 0, red bar.
+4 in Mountains, +3 when defending strongholds (these are cumulative and in addition to other stronghold bonuses).
(Artwork: Cabral, Text: C.J. Burke, Design: Cath)

My original text file states that the Eagle is an Animal, not a Knight. I don't know when that addition was made, or if I made note of it at the time.

Inspired by the emblem of the U.S. as much as any reference to The Hobbit.

No comments: