Tuesday, May 26, 2020

New card: Sand Witch (Seven Seas #14)

Years ago, many of my "sigcards" from the Yahoo Mailing List for Guardians CCG were incorporated into the fan-made expansion set Seven Seas. I have started to import my homebrew cards to this blog in case Phil, the Bar Fly's website ever goes away.

First off, I hope to find a larger size image of this card. It's not on Phil's site. Oddly, it's not on the CD-ROM that I received years ago from JC Prunet. (Yes, I dug that out of a closet.) So I only have the small image. Maybe I can create my own, if I find this image. It won't look as good.

The Sand Witch is obviously a very bad pun, which makes it perfect for Guardians.

Update:Thank you to Yves-Arnaud Jouret for supplying a larger version of this image!

Sand Witch Mortal, Vitality 6, OCB 0, Medium, Gold, Wizard, CMP 3, green bar.
Can only channel to creatures on Dry Heaps terrain.
(Artwork: Whelan, Text: C.J. Burke, Design: Cath)

Since it was a joke, I didn't think about the playability of the card, specifically whether or not it should be able to channel to creatures that otherwise cannot accept channeling. Would that make it overpowered? Does the way it is written now make it underpowered?

I'm asking your opinion. Feel free to respond in the comments.

No comments: