Saturday, May 2, 2020

New Card: Battering Ram (Seven Seas #2)

Years ago, many of my "sigcards" from the Yahoo Mailing List for Guardians CCG were incorporated into the fan-made expansion set Seven Seas. I have started to import my homebrew cards to this blog in case Phil, the Bar Fly's website ever goes away.

The second card, another Hand Magic Item, was Battering Ram. Note: usually, there wasn't any particular reason for the Up number on the card.

Battering Ram Hand Magic Item, Up 9,
Play as a command card. When your Shield is attacking, Battering Ram has a 2-pt AOE for each space moved. Does not affect flying creatures.
(Artwork: Sweet, Text: C.J. Burke, Design: Cath)

Basically, it was either a 2-pt or a 4-pt AOE, unless there's a card that allows three-space movement. (If I created a homebrew card that allows three space movement, it wouldn't be allowed to fly, and it wouldn't be allowed to attack a Guardian on the same turn. I might even give the Shield a negative modifier for battle.)

Addendum: Okay, so I typed and scheduled this post and then looked for the next card -- which actually allows extra movement, with restrictions. It's possible that it could be abused, but not too likely, I think.

No comments: