Sunday, May 24, 2020

New Card: Priest (Seven Seas #13)

Years ago, many of my "sigcards" from the Yahoo Mailing List for Guardians CCG were incorporated into the fan-made expansion set Seven Seas. I have started to import my homebrew cards to this blog in case Phil, the Bar Fly's website ever goes away.

One of my longstanding complaints is that Angels are underpowered (and underrepresented) compared to Demons and Devils. Another is that Undead are overpowered since the release of Necropolis Park. Perhaps that could've been addressed in future releases, and perhaps not.

The Priest character was designed against to be useful about "My Regular Opponent"'s Undead deck.

Priest Mortal, Vitality 8, OCB 0, Medium, Gold, Wizard, CMP 0, green bar.
Command: 8 pt. AOE that only affects Undead. Priest counts as Cleric
(Artwork: Maitz, Text: C.J. Burke, Design: Cath)

Cleric is a subset of Wizard, and whatever affects one should affect the other.

Yes, I made it an 8-pt AOE, and it only stacks as an 8. But it's useless against non-Undead, so that's a limitation. Plus, it's a bit of an expensive Command card to play. I didn't bother with a Stacking penalty because it would render the card mostly useless unless the player has a Petrified Heart, which negates the penalty anyway.

I wasn't exactly thrilled by the selection of artwork. Not that it's bad, but it's not what I would've picked for this card.

No comments: