Thursday, May 28, 2020

New Card: Bodyguard Bob (Seven Seas #15)

Years ago, many of my "sigcards" from the Yahoo Mailing List for Guardians CCG were incorporated into the fan-made expansion set Seven Seas. I have started to import my homebrew cards to this blog in case Phil, the Bar Fly's website ever goes away.

This card is an oddity. I do not remember it. I don't remember writing it, nor do I recall seeing it on the Seven Seas page (even though it was there). The name doesn't sound like something I came up with, and I don't remember anything of the sort. There's nothing in my files. I even searched on the ability to cancel a ranged attack in case the name of the creature was changed for some reason.

It's possible that I did suggest it somewhere without it appearing on the mailing list. I don't know.

Bodyguard Bob Mortal, Vitality 7, OCB 0, large, Gold, Beer, Babes, Knight, CMP 0, red bar.
Ranged attack: Cancel a ranged attack. Discard Bodyguard Bob when used as a ranged attack.
(Artwork: Brom, Text: C.J. Burke, Design: Cath)

A couple things that seem off about this: I don't know how I'd feel about making a Vitality 7 card a ranged attack. And it would have to be a massive attack for me not only to waste 7 points on a ranged attack, but to discard the card afterward.

Also, I'm not a fan of the artwork selected for this card. It's great, and I like Brom. But it's a minotaur, which could be a creature in its own right, or an entire class of them. If such were created, it would make this one more confusing, unless it was retrofitted.

I'm asking your opinion. Feel free to respond in the comments.

No comments: