Saturday, May 16, 2020

New Card: Milk Lady Brown / Closing the Barn Door (Seven Seas #9)

Years ago, many of my "sigcards" from the Yahoo Mailing List for Guardians CCG were incorporated into the fan-made expansion set Seven Seas. I have started to import my homebrew cards to this blog in case Phil, the Bar Fly's website ever goes away.

This card nearly caused a rift between me and Phil. He created the card to be a female companion to Farmer Brown. I had created a Spell with the same ability. Now it was possible that we just came up with similar ideas, but I pointed out that the text of this card was exactly the text from my card suggestion on the mailing list. Anyway, he split the credit. Honestly, I think it's too expensive for a command card, and I think a Spell would have been better. The argument for the creature card is that it's reusable.

Milk Lady Brown Mortal, Vitality 5/9, OCB 0, Medium, Misc. Human, CMP 0, red bar.
C: None of your Barnyard Animals may be bribed or sent back to the Creature Pen during combat. (This overrides any Spell that says they can be).
(Artwork: Rust, Text: from the Spell "Closing the Barn Door" of C.J. Burke, Design: Cath) Sorry, but we don't have her phone number (Philbarfly) one joke with JC ...pretty girl !!! argghhh (Thierry)

BONUS: My Original Spell:

Closing the Barn Door, Spell, Up 1
Play during the Movement Phase before turning any Shields. For the rest of the turn, none of your Barnyard Animals may be bribed or sent back to the Creature Pen (this overrides any Spell that says they can be).

A Barnyard Animal deck could be fun ... once. But they seem hard to win with, and easy to counter. They are more of a nuisance. I wouldn't mind a little help for them.

No comments: