Saturday, June 20, 2020

New Card: Wandering Serpent (Seven Seas #26)

Years ago, many of my "sigcards" from the Yahoo Mailing List for Guardians CCG were incorporated into the fan-made expansion set Seven Seas. I have started to import my homebrew cards to this blog in case Phil, the Bar Fly's website ever goes away.

I don't remember the origin of this card. I found the message from the mailing list on which it originally appeared. However, that was answering someone else's question about cards like Make Juice which create Power Stones. Before that was a discussion about the Non-existent Stiverin card. (Please note: It does NOT exist. You don't need to find one!)

It's a good ability but I couldn't tell you why I applied it to a dragon. The name doesn't ring any bells for me.


Wandering Serpent:  External, Vitality: 6, OCB: 0, Large, Flying, Beer, Dragon, CMP 0, red bar. 
Wandering Serpent gains primary opponent's terrain bonus instead of opponent.
(Artwork: Zug, Text: C.J. Burke, Design: Cath)

So if the opponent is +3 in Swamps, and the terrain is Swamps, then the Serpent gets the +3, not the opponent. This could backfire since a couple of cards (particularly the homebrew cards) have terrain penalties.

It's been a while, so offhand I couldn't say how unbalancing, if at all, a Vitality 6 dragon might be. I do like the artwork on this one.

What's your opinion. Feel free to respond in the comments.


No comments: