Tuesday, June 9, 2020

New Card: Fallen Angel (Seven Seas #21)

Years ago, many of my "sigcards" from the Yahoo Mailing List for Guardians CCG were incorporated into the fan-made expansion set Seven Seas. I have started to import my homebrew cards to this blog in case Phil, the Bar Fly's website ever goes away.

While I believe that Demons & Devils are over-represented (although not as much as Undead, thanks to Necropolis Park), and that Angels are underrepresented, I wouldn't let something like that stop me from suggesting a card idea that I like. 

And it didn't stop the folks behind Seven Seas from coming up with three different images for the Fallen Angel card.

Of the three, the second one is my favorite, but she doesn't look "fallen". The third doesn't look much like an Angel. The first is nice, but he(?) seems more like some kind of spectre or spirit. Plus, the downward held sword reminds me a little of images of  Michael the Archangel, who is usually portrayed striking down in that manner. 




Fallen Angel: Elemental, Vitality: 4, OCB: 1, Medium, Gold, Devil, CMP: 0 Red bar. 
Immune to Angels
(Artwork: Royo (2nd image)/Caldwell(3rd image), Text: C.J. Burke, Design: Cath)

(If anyone knows who painted the first image, please leave a comment.)

Immune to Angels, but not immune to fire. Also, she (or he) doesn't fly. Clipped wings, I guess.

What's your opinion. Feel free to respond in the comments.


No comments: