Tuesday, June 16, 2020

New Card: Nosferatu (Seven Seas #24)

Years ago, many of my "sigcards" from the Yahoo Mailing List for Guardians CCG were incorporated into the fan-made expansion set Seven Seas. I have started to import my homebrew cards to this blog in case Phil, the Bar Fly's website ever goes away.

I know that Undead are already over-powered, but this seems like a natural choice for a card. I'm sure the name came first before deciding just what sort of ability it should have. Removing creatures totally from combat, instead of only not allowing them to attack, was a different mechanic to play with. I don't know how well it would have worked.


Nosferatu: External, Vitality: 12, OCB: 0, Medium, Babes, Undead, CMP: 1, Green bar. 
Can only channel to vampires
Command: Choose a creature from your opponents combat hand (at random). Remove it and Nosferatu from combat this round. They don’t count towards the control of the space. Each one comes back to its shield at end of combat.
(Artwork: Beauvais, Text: C.J. Burke, Design: Cath) Note: Cath added a lot of bats...

I have to go through my original notes to see if I counted Nosferatu as a Vampire or not. It would make sense that it is, but it would also make the text box even longer.

If there's one thing wrong that sticks out is it your opponent only has one creature, then this is an automatic win for the Nosferatu holder. I'm not sure I like that.

What's your opinion. Feel free to respond in the comments.


No comments: