Trifectas are interesting -- and sometimes deadly -- three-card combos for Guardians . . . if you can pull them off.
And watch out that you're not on the receiving end of one of them!
What's THAT in the Moat?
- Freebooter Stronghold
- Either the right or the left one
- Pirate Log Platform
- 7-point AOE
Entering the stronghold triggers a 7-pt AOE, so your foe can have at most three cards (worth 8 or more). You're single creature is a 20, +4 for Rivers and Lakes, +4 for the stronghold, for a Vitaly 28 primary attack (36 if up against an elemental), ready to pound just about anything.
To prevent the Watcher from becoming toast to secondaries, add a creature or two to draw some fire:
- A bunch of 2 point weenies (with stronghold and R&L bonuses) can outnumber and kill your opponent's two or three creatures.
- A Grotto Troll and a weenie or two.
- A Minotaur. If it loses to a really big card, then the Watcher will see to it that you keep control of the space.
- And my personal favorite (drum roll) . . .
- A Water Nymph, weighing in as a 14 in the primary matchup, before any off-color bonuses. If she goes up against a bigger creature, by simple arithmetic, the Watcher creamed its opponent.
Your opponent will need channeling or off-color bonuses to get past you.