Trifectas are interesting -- and sometimes deadly -- three-card combos for Guardians . . . if you can pull them off.
And watch out that you're not on the receiving end of one of them!
This one takes a little more than three cards, but three cards set it up. Submitted by KevinCron@aol.com.
- Champs the Wonder Dog
- Sacrificial Altar
- Limited Big Time Rebate
Champs the Wonder Dog, for one stone, will go and retrieve any Item from your discard pile and Champs goes back into your hand as well. The Sacrificial Altar allows you to discard a card to gain a stone. Two sides of the same coin -- lose a stone to gain a card or lose a card to gain a stone. All you need is one Magic Item to start an endless cycle that doesn't get you anything.
The kicker: Limited Big Time Rebate. For every stone you spend this turn, you get half back at the end of the turn. That is, for every stone you spend on Champs, you get half back (rounded up, no less!).
Half of infinity is still infinity.
Other useful cards:
- Greater Energy Elemental: Can accept unlimited channeling -- and you have unlimited stones!
- Any other big channeler: You have the stones, use them.
- Guardian Angel: Any creature lost in battle is saved for one stone. It's a reusable Holy Grail. Of course, you have Champs to get back those Grails, anyway.
- Any standard bearer that requires spending stones: go for it.
- Do you see a pattern developing?
With Sikura as Guardian, your opponent will never be able to cast a Spell. Not Dispel Magic, not Summon Loghammer's Sapper, not Warwick's Banishment.
Forget the Terrain cards -- burn cards and stones for land.