Saturday, March 28, 2020

New Card: Skeletal Lawman

I saw this image, and I didn't think "Sheriff of an Undead Town". Instead, I thought "Even in death, I'm still the Law!"

Same disclaimers as my other homebrew cards

Reminder: the lightning bolt symbol was just handy. I don't have a new or theme for any imaginary expansion sets. However, if anyone has a recommendation for a set name, feel free to leave it in the comments. I'll likely wait until I find an image that looks like a Stronghold.

The original image is Western by Roman Chaliy, 2017.

Comments are welcome.

Creature: Skeletal Lawman

Skeletal Lawman, External, Vitality 3/5, OCB 0, M, Undead, green bar.
3 pt. ranged attack; 5 pt. ranged attack if the primary attacker is a Misc. Human.

I saw this picture and I wanted to use it. Western-themed. What if instead of being a ranged attack for Undead, it was a Lawman who was still dedicated to his job?

The limiting factor is that the bonus if only for Misc. Humans, and not for all Mortals. There are a lot of Misc. Humans out there, but no so many where this would be unbalanced.


2 comments:

Jackalwere said...

I love this card. Probably one of my favorite "unofficial" Guardians cards. The artwork is fantastic and I love the ability. He'd be really awesome guarding a Stronghold on a ranged attack platform.

I still have all the templates, let me know if you'd like them.

As far as a set name, here's a few:

Storm's Alley
Storm's Horizon
Mystfall's Wrath
Tempest's Fugue (a play on tempus fugit, Latin for "time flies")

I'll keep working on more...

(x, why?) said...

I was also thinking about something with "double" or "twice" in it because a couple of the cards had multiple uses, or variations on them. (I'm not planning on doing that on every card -- that would get crazy. Plus, I'd run out of things that much faster!)