Wednesday, March 25, 2020

New Card: Napping Fairy

Without mentioning the source of the artwork that inspired some of these cards, I have identified the ones that, in my opinion, look like they belong on Guardians cards. When this is exhausted, I may have to find another source, or just start trolling Deviant Art.

Same disclaimers as my other homebrew cards

Reminder: the lightning bolt symbol was just handy. I don't have a new or theme for any imaginary expansion sets. However, if anyone has a recommendation for a set name, feel free to leave it in the comments. I'll likely wait until I find an image that looks like a Stronghold.

The original image is Fairy and Bees by Sandara, 2019.

Comments are welcome.

Creature: Napping Fairy

Napping Fairy, Elemental, Vitality 3, OCB 1, S, F, Fairy, green bar.
-2 in primary attacks, +2 as a secondary attacker

I wanted to work in the idea that the fairy was asleep and shouldn't be disturbed. Originally, I wanted to force it to be a secondary attacker "if possible" -- but then what happens if it isn't possible? And how do you know in advance?

The possible wording got so crazy that I gave up and decided that it should have a bonus and a penalty. The penalty can be ameliorated a little if it goes against an External. Plus, it can receive channeling.

The other concern was the name. I started with Sleeping Fairy, but there is already an unrelated Sleeping Spirit. Then I wanted something alliterative like Sleeping Spirit, but nothing came to mind, and searches of synonyms didn't help. So "Napping" it is.


No comments: